1. Sign in and call meeting to order
2. Brief overview of Area II 2010 year membership #’s and donations.
3. Steering committee member motion to renew/replace.
4. Review 201 Financial statement, Audit financial statement needs to be arranged – Barry Knight
5. Discuss the benefits of Containment, what Area II trailer has to offer, New trailer purchase.
6. Open floor for issues
a. Members to host annual exercise locations
b. Preferred date to host
c. Risks with 2011 spring run off & potential flooding
d. MER News
7. Adjourn meeting and enjoy lunch.
AGM MEETING MINUTES
Date: March 23, 2011
Place: Kindersley Elks Hall
24 Members in Attendance
1. Les Cook calls the meeting to order @ 10:00, Kenda Friesen seconds. All in favor, carried.
2. Daniel gives a brief overview of 2010
a. 103 reportable spills
b. Membership # –
i. 2007 – 49 pd members
ii. 2008 – 38 pd members
iii. 2009 – 57 pd members
iv. 2010 – 65 pd members
v. 2011 – 39 pd members as of to date
3. Steering committee member motion to renew and replace
a. Quinton St.Pierrie is stepping down as director.
b. Bruce Ryberg, Dave Smith, Les Cook, Cody Kohlman, Daniel Deiana, & Kevin MacKrell will let there name stand as directors.
c. Sara Wilke, lets her name stand for director, Kenda Friesen seconds
d. Daniel Deiana votes Kenda Friesen in as director, Cody Kohlman.
e. Steve Schmaltz makes a motion for nominations cease, Barry Knight seconds, all in favor, carried.
4. 2010 Financial statement
a. Barry Knight reviewed the 2010 financial statement.
b. Barry will get quotes from local auditors in town so we can get the books audited.
c. Bruce Ryberg adopts the financials as read, Dale German seconds, all in favor, carried.
5. The benefits of containment & new trailer purchase
a. Daniel asked why we are part of the spill coop
i. the cost of clean up can be expensive if you are not part of the spill coop
ii.the government makes us
iii. The new trailer is ready to be picked up in Flaxcombe, Arley will pick it up next week when the weather improves
iv. Dave Smith makes a motion to purchase new equipment for training purchases, Cody Kohlman seconds, all in favor, carried.
6. Open floor issues
a. Conoco Phillips will host the Area II spill exercise
b. Once Conoco has picked a date and place they will let the members know.
c. MER News – nothing to report.
7. Daniel Deiana adjourns meeting at 11:00
8. Members in Attendance:
|NAME ||COMPANY |
|Darryl Robbie||Broken Antler|
|Rob McTaggert||Rejanne Resources|
|Stephen Mastal||Imperial Oil|
|Charles Layton||Imperial Oil|
|Bruce Ryberg||Northern Blizzard|
|Derek Proctor||Gibson Energy|
|Kenda Freisen||Penn West|
|Barry Knight||Argo Production Accting|
|Doug Longtin||Polar Star|
|Kevin Schell||Plains Midstream|
|Al Cennon||Alcen Midstream|
|Al Cennon||Alta Gas|
|Arley Shyrkuk||D & F Welding|
|Terry Brown||NAL Resources|
|Robin Jenn||NAL Resources|
|Vic Sitten||Teine Energy|
|John Dipple||Teine Energy|
|Dave Smith||Northern Blizzard|